PMT training helps staff recognize that the basic need for security will determine how they function under stress. When there is only a minimal or no protocol for managing the agitated person, staff's concerns with performing adequately will automatically interfere with their functioning.
Physical & Psychological Management Training
The goals of PMT training are:
- To Increase understanding about the aspects of the crisis intervention process of most importance to the various disciplines attending the workshop.
- To increase the range of response options available to individual staff and teams.
- To develop skills for analyzing one's own style of managing conflict.
- To help staff manage their fear response in a crisis situation.
- To develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- To avoid the use of physical restraint techniques.
The objectives of PMT training are:
- To assist staff in preventing injury to consumers, him/herself or a third party, while managing the physically aggressive person via restraint training programs.
- To increase staff self- confidence when facing the angry/violent individual.
- To increase consumer confidence and security in staff member's ability to manage crisis situations.
- To increase staff awareness and knowledge of psychological factors during crisis and to develop strategies for identifying and preventing violent outbreaks.
- To Increase staff competence when using verbal intervention.
- To enhance staff skill in the use of non-violent de-escalation techniques and strategies.
The Only Question Is...Why Wait For A Crisis?
Call PMT Associates Now!
The PMT Program
PMT training covers a wide range of interventions, all of which fall into one of the four stages of managing aggressive:
Prevention Pre-violence Violence Post violence
The basic program is designed to give participants “hands-on” and practical experience in handling a variety of crisis episodes. The core of PMT restraint training programs as well as the rest of our programs involve learning through a variety of experiences, such as simulation and role-play exercises, with the help of practical theoretical concepts.
Restraint Training Programs from PMT Associates
CLASSES ARE BEING HELD!!!
Please visit the schedule tab for dates.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!!!