PMT training helps staff recognize that the basic need for security will determine how they function under stress. When there is only a minimal or no protocol for managing the agitated person, staff's concerns with performing adequately will automatically interfere with their functioning.
Physical & Psychological Management Training
The goals of PMT training are:
- To Increase understanding about the aspects of the crisis intervention process of most importance to the various disciplines attending the workshop.
- To increase the range of response options available to individual staff and teams.
- To develop skills for analyzing one's own style of managing conflict.
- To help staff manage their fear response in a crisis situation.
- To develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- To avoid the use of physical restraint techniques.
The objectives of PMT training are:
- To assist staff in preventing injury to consumers, him/herself or a third party, while managing the physically aggressive person via restraint training programs.
- To increase staff self- confidence when facing the angry/violent individual.
- To increase consumer confidence and security in staff member's ability to manage crisis situations.
- To increase staff awareness and knowledge of psychological factors during crisis and to develop strategies for identifying and preventing violent outbreaks.
- To Increase staff competence when using verbal intervention.
- To enhance staff skill in the use of non-violent de-escalation techniques and strategies.
The Only Question Is...Why Wait For A Crisis?
Call PMT Associates Now!
The PMT Program
PMT training covers a wide range of interventions, all of which fall into one of the four stages of managing aggressive:
Prevention Pre-violence Violence Post violence
The basic program is designed to give participants “hands-on” and practical experience in handling a variety of crisis episodes. The core of PMT restraint training programs as well as the rest of our programs involve learning through a variety of experiences, such as simulation and role-play exercises, with the help of practical theoretical concepts.
Restraint Training Programs from PMT Associates
COVID-19 - Updated 3/25/2020
Classes at PMT are being postponed until further notice.
For all in-house Instructors and Coaches - If you have any questions please feel free to contact Carol Tobias at 860-918-3614 or email@example.com
THANK YOU!!! STAY HEALTHY!!!